Week 2 in Saskatoon

Saturday, 12th March, we went cross-country ski with Garth and his wife, Linda and their elder son Jeff. The place we went to try our first winter sport is called Cranberry Flats. OMG, it was exciting and the falling was just part of the fun.After two hours cross-countrying we went for a meal at Garth's house. It was chicken and potatoes dish. A little bit of British meal, because they did gravy too. It was nice. After that we had dessert prepared by one of Garth's children, Emily.

Sunday, 13th March, we went to buy a bike for Andrew. Then, in the afternoon, we went food shopping with Sun and then in the evening we drove to our new house to sleep there.

The house is very nice but not as new as a new built. It feels more homely and less hotel like. We don't have anything there but Garth and his wife Linda gave us few things. The dining table and two dining chair (picture above), a writing desk and the red/brown chair (picture above). And a futon for the floor, so it won't be too hard to sleep there.It's not like sleeping on a Ritz's bed, but it's not like sleeping on hard floor either :).

The following morning Andrew decided to ride his bicycle to work. The sun was shining and the snow was melt so, it was not going to be too bad on the roads. This is how he looked when he left the house. Hahahaha, funny eh? He is so cute :)!When he got back his new rain trousers was torned apart, he had mud on his top and he was not good sight. In the afternoon after the snow melted, the roads were very dirty and muddy but it was not too much for the pedestrians.

Another thing we did this week was starting the process to get internet connected at our new brand new rented home.

I also signed up at the library. And I am happy about that because I might spend many precious hours at the library for my writing. They have many workshops which helps writers with the progress of their work. Another thing that makes me super happy to sign up is because they have a writer in Residency, Alice Kuipers, a writer who gives tips on writing skills. She is married to Yann Martel, the writer of the famous book Life of Pi. I believe the help of everything around me is going to help me succeed in my career. But I know I need to work hard at my craft.

We like our new house, and we believe me will stay here for some months before we decide the next move on our habitation.

Highlights of the week
- doing cross country
- moving into our new house
- signing up to the Library

Instagram

Life 'N' Arts