Suffering

AOIundertheweater

These past two days my daughter has been under the weather. She still has runny nose and her chest sends out a nasty cough, but her temperature is back to normal again.

Monday night, when we got back home from a dinner with some friends, we put sleepy AOI straight to bed. Few hours later, while hubby and I were busy getting ready for a trip to Alberta (which was going to happen the follow day), our daughter’s coughing and tired cries rushed me upstairs.

She was sitting in her crib shivering. I picked her up and held her tight to my heart. I touched her warm cheeks to mine and in that moment I wanted the power to take away from her tiny toddler body the suffering caused by a fever. How can her tiny body suffer so much. But, as a mortal human, I was powerless in front of the suffering of my beloved daughter.

What I could and can do is to give her a good dose of mummy bear love. Give her the right amount of medication, hold her tight to my heart, wipe her teary eyes, kiss her rosy cheeks and whisper comforting words.

As I cuddled her, I couldn't help but think about my little niece who is no longer here on earth. The idea of losing someone over night is so fresh it goes to the mind at the thought, and I have to fight back the tears that want to weaken me.

I cancelled the trip to Alberta, hubby had to go alone. So, this week is just me and my precious daughter.

Last night I held her tight. Gave her latte, water – not juice – anytime she wanted something to drink. I am a bit tired but right now, after a restless night, my precious little girl is soundly asleep on the sofa. Her chest peacefully rising up and down and her nose noiselessly inhaling tell me she is not suffering too much.

AOIundertheweater1

I love you so much little AOI

My heart and prayers go to all the souls suffering...

have a great rest of the week
AOImummytime

Instagram

Life 'N' Arts