Our Weekend: We are Back

yes, we are back to our little city in Saskatchewan. torontoflight

we got back yesterday morning around 1:30am. but i still woke up at 7:30am, jet lag, jet lag. in my head i could hear my old neighbour’s alarm. this took me back to last year when i was waiting for AOI and i would wake up to that noise, feeling like a sweet dream has been interrupted by a nightmare.

after driving to and fro between the busy cities of Toronto and Mississauga, it feels good to come back to the quiet of our city. we missed it but being away for ten days was good: it was long enough to enjoy most of Ontario’s beautiful cities, but short enough to want to go back to visit the province again.

i loved waking up to the quietness of the city and the softness of my bed. my sister’s house is near a busy road and though i got used to it, it makes a BIG difference to come back to a very quiet neighbourhood.

i loved being around my family, chatting about family matters and laughing to silly jokes. AOI was a crying baby because she is attached to me and daddy so she didn’t like to be away from us for more than a minute, but she was a joy when she wanted to be but always from my arms.

i didn’t like that she always wanted to be in my arms; she teased my sister and her children with a quick hug and kiss but she always run back to me. however, i was happy when she would sit in my sister’s lap and play with her mobile or watch Nigerian/Ghanaian movies. these are moment when one misses living close to our family to strengthen the family bond.

for this reason i promised myself to keep chatting/updating my elder sister via skype (i chat to my younger sister often but i don’t keep my elder siblings updated about my life as much as i could – mmmm, maybe i should start a family blog for them). in this way AOI will see her face on regular basis so that when she sees her she doesn’t shy away.

i will tell you more about my trip in Ontario but for today i want to update our weekend.colourshirt

Saturday, before the flight, i went to have my eyebrows, pedicure and manicure done.colourfulnails i feel good about myself for this TOFM (time out for mummy).   i haven’t being to the beautician for nearly 10 months and it was beginning to weigh on me. i was on cloud 9 while my feet were rubbed and scrubbed. my hands pampered. and my face treaded.

yesterday we went to a BBQ which turned to be an indoor lunch party because the weather is not very nice. it feels as if autumn is already here. i can’t believe how much a year can make. i am a full time mum and i have to find ways to stay true to myself, love my family and write well. mouseshoesj

starting from tomorrow i am going to work towards that and hopefully September will bring more TOFM because every mother needs that. after all, the woman within rocks!!!

Instagram

Life 'N' Arts