2013 in Perspective

 
Christmas is behind us and now we have few minutes left before we greet 2014. I’m excited to say goodbye to 2013 but as always it’s time for me to reflect on how my 2013 turned out.
When a new year begins we are hopeful for great things to happen. Many things happen but if one or two things among the many wonderful events are not as we envisaged them our world collapses. We see all the bad things around us and we want to turn page fast.
This year taught me that to be happy one have to make that happiness happen. If you depend too much on external factors your happiness can be easily destroyed.
I’m glad I made a vision board to map down the hopes, wishes and goals I wanted to work on from this year and beyond. Many came true and I’m happy for how things turned out in 2013.
this is the words and pictures I envisaged
visionboard2013beyond_thumb2 visionboard2013_thumb2
this is how things turned out
vision board in review
simple joy
vision captured
I travelled to Europe {Napoli, Sorrento, Positano, Milano, London and Devon} and around Canada {Montreal, La Ronge, Waskasiu, Medicine Hut and Edmonton}
we found out I’m expecting baby number 2
AOI turned two
I finished writing my first novel, Wasting Away
I captured precious moments with my Olympus camera
I was happy and smiley most of the year
we bought a canon
AOI was into kids’ yoga and going to the swimming pool
I started potty training her
we played in the snow and I snow boarded for the first time just as the year was turning into 2013
I ate healthy food most days and walked to get back into shape
Through my blog I fundraised $250 {$100 for PlanCanada and $150 for Champs}
I wrote posts that I found hard to share but I acted on boldness and shared them
I was inspired by many women out there
I made the MOST of out 2013
On one of the walls in my studio I have my 2014 vision board {I’ll share later in the week}. I feel thrilled about what I envisage because I see a bright and a happy year.
2014 is my year and I can feel it in my bones.
Happy 2014 my lovelies!

Instagram

Life 'N' Arts