First Year Party Plans + Crunchy Chocolate Cookie Recipe

Hello, hello…

so yesterday my lovely girl turned 11months. From today I have four Fridays to plan her first birthday party.

She will turn 1 on 18th November, which is on a Sunday. I would like to have everything planned and organised by Friday 16th, the day her granny, my mum, will come here from the US. She doesn’t want to work and I don’t want her to work but just enjoy her time with her granddaughter. So if I do everything before she gets her we will have Saturday to enjoy our time with granny. Taking photos and getting the last bits and bobs.

From now until 16th November, Fridays are party planning updates. In this way I hold myself accountable of organisational skills and good time keeping.

  • Today I wrote down the names of families and people I would like to invite. I have to be careful about numbers. 

I have intention to bake most of the pastries myself. I am learning to bake cookies.chococookies I’ve being baking chocolate cookies for awhile and now but I didn’t feel like sharing any recipe until recently. This is a crunchy chocolate cookie recipe my husband loves, when he loves something it means it’s quite good.chococookie I adapted the recipe from a old magazine I borrowed from the library. I’m sorry but I can’t remember which.

YOU NEED

1 over brim cup all-purpose flour (about 8 above)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour + 1 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda + pinch of salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted and cooled slightly
1cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips

PREPARING + BAKING

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, hand mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.

Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until well mixed. Add the egg, yolk, and vanilla. Mix well until the batter is lightened slightly in colour and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips at the same time. Mix until all the dry ingredients are well mixed

Scoop dough into generous teaspoonful-sized balls and place on non stick baking tray or parchment paper on baking tray.

Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the edges are set and just lightly browned. Set aside to cool, then serve.AOIcookieyum

Mummy: Crunchy yummy cookie

AOI: yum, yum!

Instagram

Life 'N' Arts