Week 10: Home Alone

AOIdaddydrawsHello Monday!

Yesterday, like the rest of the week was a lazy day. We went to church in the morning and lazing around the house. I introduced the Italian version of The Smurfs to AOI, she laughs at their silliness.

This weekend we missed daddy so much Sad smile. It was boring without hubby’s noisy guitar in the house. He loves playing and AOI likes to see daddy play. She missed that too because at a point she went to it and asked “More?” I tried my best and just made noise which she enjoyed.

I believe AOI realised that daddy is gone for too long on Thursday at the playgroup. I started to miss from Friday because I knew that he wasn’t going to be home for the weekend. Saturday and Sunday the days we spend time together as family.

But all in all week 10 was one of the most relaxing weeks I’ve had in a long time.

Monday we drove AMI to the airport. When we got home AOI was already sleeping so I put her in her crib and I went on with my chores. Writing, editing and cooking. I felt serene, because it was not so overwhelming as I felt when he went to Alberta.

In the evening I went to tutor the little boy in Italian. I am offering free tutoring while AMI is away because I have to take AOI with me. The library was out of the equation. I considered suggesting going to their house but then voted against it. In the end we met in a local ice cream shop instead, but it was not a successful tutoring.

Tuesday we went to the French playgroup. The rest of the day I read and play with AOI, I try my best to be present for her instead of using the laptop. 

Wednesday morning we had a lie in. After breakfast we went out for 10 minutes walk. AOI fell asleep during the time but didn’t sleep as much  as I would have liked. In the afternoon C, AOI’s friend, came over with her nanny for a play time. We are following a routine I love and AOI loves too. She cries when it’s time for bed but she's sleeping through the night for more than two months. She sleeps between 8:20-8:45 and she walks up around 7:00-8:00.

Thursday AOI woke up at the wrong side of the bed. She was not happy. At the playgroup one of the girls came with her Dad and AOI  didn’t like to see him. A part from that she played and voluntarily interacted with one of the little boys. It was so cute to see her play like that. She was playing shy, she kept hiding behind me.

Friday, I had a good, good, good sleep. We had another lie in and my baby girl cuddled to me. She asked for her bear, i believe she is getting to stage in which she wants her favourite to carry everywhere.

Mid morning we went to the local library. We saw C and her nanny. It was nice to see a familiar face. C. is so sweet because she walks but she is still in the cute waddling phase. That reminds me of how toddlerhood is rapidly overtaking AOI’s babyhood Sad smile

On our way home we gave them a lift and then went to make a healthy food shopping. 

Saturday morning I walked to the library for a story time at the library. Afternoon chilling and reading with my little girl. Evening meal at our friend's house.week 10

Have a great week 11

Instagram

Life 'N' Arts