The House In the End

Where do I begin.
I will write and hopefully I will make sense to myself and anyone who is reading this rambling.


Three Fridays ago I went shopping with one my friends, then we went to her place for lunch and just take my mind off house hunting.

The previous day we saw a house which I didn’t like due to its awkward layout and small garden. Hubby liked it due to its location and potential basement suite. the same day we made an offer on the house. I couldn't sleep that night because it felt as if we were making a big mistake, plus my heart was madly in love with the house i mentioned in this entry. I couldn't take the place out of my mind eyes. However financially it was impossible being over 17.000 over our budget.

So, I was at my friend’s place taking my mind off that place when hubby phoned seven times. He had to leave a voice mail because i forgot my phone in the car. "the vendor of the house you like phoned me and said if we want the house is ours for 11.000 less the asking price."
"what? OMG! Really? OMG, how come?"
I phoned him back. He didn't answer. I phoned the vendor, she didn't answer. I was starting to panic. Luckily, hubby phoned and told me that we have to go to the place with our realtor. The vendors were selling the house privately so our realtor hadn't seen it.

By the end of that Friday we've written an offer for the place. Saturday afternoon we received the accepted offer. We were overly excited for the news, because we were going to get our dream house.

Monday 9th we began the long process for the loan application through a local mortgage broker and an online broker. Tuesday I we have the home inspection done. The inspector told me that though the house is 1959 built, minor issues, the house was renovated with high quality materials.
Wednesday the online broker phoned to let us know that we shouldn’t use our local broker because he was complicating the application. Friday 13th the local mortgage broker phoned to say that the mortgage company refused the loan application because we don't have our permanent residency, and for this reason we couldn't put 5% down payment.

The online mortgage broker said it was possible even if were are not permanent residents. We asked the vendors if they could extend the conditions another week. They agreed.

Monday 16th we began another long winded loan application. Hubby was losing hope and getting upset. On the other hand, I was keeping my cool because I go by the motto "is not over until is really over..."
Three days later the 'good news' came in. Our loan application was accepted on condition. We sent in the documents they requested, but we had to wait until Monday. The vendors agreed.


The weekend we forgot about the whole house and application dilemma. I was realistically optimistic about the outcome – I mean I was thinking about the house but i was also prepared the negative outcome.


AT the corner of my mind I knew that the only worrying aspect of the house hunting was finding a new house to rent by August 1st; we have to move because our landlady is coming to live here after her divorce.

Monday 23rd afternoon came with the bad news. Due to our not permanent residency status they wouldn't lend us the loan.

I was so upset but life goes on.

As soon as I heard the news I started looking for a place to rent. Two landlords told me they wouldn't rent us their house because of a baby disturbing their existing tenants. That was discrimination against a new family. When hubby came home I had to be strong for both of us because he is a worrier more than me. He started looking for a place to rent. He booked a place to view at 8:30. I went to my writing group feeling down. Hubby kept looking. When i got back he told me he has  found another house to view. He went to view one which was not great. We found a house which is in a good location close to the river and hubby's fishing spot. It has more rooms than our current place, good size garden - not huge as the current place -, no garage but not many people have garage in this world.


God's willing we are moving on Wednesday to the new place. Since Tuesday I've been busy packing – AOI has been busy watching her familiar surrounding put into boxes.

packingI have most things packed thanks to one of my favourite ladies who came to super help me pack all the major stuff. She is really a woman with a mission, I am glad she is always there to help. hope i can return the favour soon.

so in the end that was the end of the house hunting.

Instagram

Life 'N' Arts